Well, I had to try it. I had to feed load of data into an AI to come up with a Spacecraft…
Trading Vessel FY15BB
The FY15BB stands as a remarkable testament to human resourcefulness, a trading vessel carefully cobbled together from a mosaic of technologies acquired through various means. With a total length of 340 meters, this vessel is a versatile marvel equipped for interstellar exploration, trade, and interaction with celestial entities.
Module A – Science and Command
Dimensions: 70 meters long, 32 meters wide
Purpose: This module serves as the vessel’s command nucleus, housing essential navigation systems, communication equipment, and command facilities.
- Flight Deck: Stretching across its expanse is a sprawling flight deck where the vessel’s crew navigates, communicates, and negotiates with other spacefarers.
- Science Labs: These labs, equipped with instruments that hail from various sources, enable in-depth celestial research and analysis.
- Main Airlocks: These entryways are strategically placed for Extravehicular Activities (EVA) and external repairs.
- Shuttle Docking Bay: A hub for planetary exploration and cargo transfers, allowing the vessel to engage in a wide array of trade.
- Emergency Crew Quarters: These quarters offer temporary lodging to crew members during critical situations, ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Backup Gravity Generator: In the event of system failures, this technology provides a reliable source of artificial gravity.
- Navigational Thrusters: These thrusters lend the vessel agility during maneuvers, whether for docking or exploration.
- Main Communications Systems: The heart of interstellar communication, these systems establish seamless connections with other vessels and space stations.
Module B – Crew Quarters and Cargo
Dimensions: 92 meters long, 48 meters wide (widest point), 16 meters wide (narrowest point)
Purpose: This module accommodates the crew’s living quarters, recreational facilities, and cargo handling capabilities.
- Crew Quarters: The crew’s living quarters are ingeniously designed with individual bunk and storage areas, reflecting a blend of technologies obtained through unconventional means.
- Galley: In the galley, sophisticated food preparation facilities cater to the crew’s sustenance needs.
- Gym and Recreational Areas: These spaces offer reprieve from the rigors of space travel, nurturing both physical and mental well-being.
- Food Storage and Hydroponics: Hydroponic cultivation systems ensure a steady supply of fresh food for the crew’s consumption.
- Cryostasis Area: Originally intended for cryostasis, this area has been adapted for supplementary storage.
- Designated Unassigned Areas: These spaces, designated for solitude-seeking crew members, serve as havens for introspection.
- Cargo Pod Anchor Points: External anchor points facilitate the attachment of large cargo units, contributing to the vessel’s trading capabilities.
- Airlocks for Cargo Access: Streamlined cargo loading and unloading are achieved through specialized airlocks.
- Jettisonable Cargo Pods: In a dire situation, the vessel’s cargo pods can be jettisoned swiftly, shedding excess weight and ensuring the crew’s safety.
Module C – Propulsion and Systems Hub
Dimensions: 70 meters long, 32 meters wide (cylindrical section), 16 meters wide (tapered cone section)
Purpose: This module houses the advanced propulsion systems, artificial gravity generation, and vital technology that drive the vessel’s operations.
- Cylindrical Propulsion Hub: At its core, the cylindrical section houses fusion reactors, magnetic confinement systems, and a host of interstellar travel technologies, each acquired through resourceful means.
- Artificial Gravity Generation: Employing unconventional methods, this system maintains a comfortable level of Earth-like gravity throughout the vessel.
- Inertial Damping Systems: The vessel’s advanced damping systems mitigate discomfort during periods of acceleration and deceleration.
- Tapered Cone Engineering Center: Within this center, technical control stations and analysis facilities oversee propulsion and systems optimization, a testament to ingenuity.
- Real-time Monitoring: Engineers remain vigilant, ensuring optimal fusion reactions, gravity generation, and damping parameters are maintained at all times.
- Emergency Airlock: In the face of emergencies, a dedicated airlock facilitates swift access to Connector 2.
Connector 1 and Connector 2
Connector 1 and Connector 2 are vital lattice structures, linking the modules and enabling seamless crew movement between them. Connector 2 introduces the capsule system, enhancing crew mobility.
Faster-Than-Light (FTL) Capability
The vessel’s propulsion technology reaches the pinnacle of achievement with state-of-the-art Faster-Than-Light (FTL) propulsion, propelling the FY15BB across vast interstellar distances with unmatched speed and efficiency.
Jettisonable Cargo Pods
Module B features jettisonable cargo pods that can be ejected swiftly when emergency situations demand immediate weight reduction.
And if you are looking at that ship number and wondering is that a Postcode?… yes the dimensions are based on Blackpool Central Pier: